Italian Pasta Recipes
Created by Italians!
Mouth watering Italian pasta recipes created by Italians, straight from Mama's kitchen to yours. You'll smell the aroma's of Italy on every page and experience each region with every bite.
My name is Kira Volpi and if you love pasta as much as I do you're going to love this site. It was inspired by my Father Gian Franco Volpi.
He was born and raised in Italy along with his thirteen brothers and sisters (YES 13 brothers and sisters!). He was the chef of the family and they ate bottomless bowls of pasta.
My cousins still talk about Dad's cooking to this day. He's the reason I have a passion for Pasta and Italian food. I Love you Dad!
Traditional Italian recipes are based on fresh, quality ingredients from that region and that is what you'll find here. Only the best Olive Oil and Italian cheeses.
Choosing the best San Marzano tomatoes to bring bursts of flavor to your tomato sauce recipes is rule number one! Use my canned tomato comparison to help make your sauce go from good to fabuloso!
Are you looking for a homemade pasta recipe? It's a birth right you know.
I'll show you how with step by step instructions and pictures of how to make a basic pasta dough. Make a basil flavored pasta or a spinach pasta to add great color and amazing flavor to a pasta salad recipe. Once you've tried it you'll see how easy it is and what a difference fresh food makes.
As any Italian will say, Pasta is fundamental!
Even if you use dried pasta I'll show you how easy cooking pasta perfectly is and you'll have al dente (to the tooth) pasta every time!
You'll also find in this treasure box of Italian pasta recipes the original Alfredo sauce recipe made from Alfredo himself.
Did you know there really was a guy named Alfredo? Read all about it in the History of pasta! But that's not all. I hate to break it to you but Marco Polo didn't bring Pasta to Italy from China?
Also, what IS the real story behind Pasta Puttanesca? There's many an old Italian wives tale how this salty, bold mixture of flavors got it's name.
When I was a kid my Father made everything fun! He loved to see people eat, enjoy life, laugh and we always had guests at the house. Dinner started at 3pm and went on till at least midnight. We laughed, talked and eat our way through the day and well into the evening. That's the Italian way.
Great Italian pasta recipes are all a part of the good things in life. They went hand in hand with good times and laughter and Dad always had an Italian Joke to share.
Holy Macaroni what's a Gnocchi? Did you know that there are over 400 types of pasta shapes? You can see many of them here with names, pictures and even pasta recipe ideas for each type of pasta.
Even learn some Italian words, and what better motivation to learn a different language then to do it along side Italian food. Mmmm! Delicioso!
Do you have a favorite Italian restaurant that makes the best Italian pasta recipes ever?
Spread the word! Tell us all about the recipe, the place and the experience right here on my gourmet restaurant recipes page.
I'll dedicate a whole page of this site to your favorite pasta restaurant with special thanks to you!
That's how I found the best meatball sauce recipe EVER! It's world famous…
From easy Lasagna recipes to a heart and belly warming Italian soup recipes like this pasta fagioli recipe. I'll share the best of them all here. All made with love by Italians.
There are so many to choose from you can eat pasta everyday for the rest of your life and never have the same pasta dish twice. I want this to be the source you come to and find your favorite Italian pasta recipes.
Vivere, Amare, Ridere e Mangiare Bene
Live, Love, Laugh and Eat Well!
SEARCH THIS SITE FOR YOUR PASTA RECIPES HERE!
- Pasta Girl Recipes Blog
- The Pasta Girl Recipes Blog keeps you cooking with new recipe ideas and places to go for great pasta. Stay connected HERE!
- HOW TO MAKE PASTA
- How to make pasta: A step by step guide with pictures, what blend of flours to use, how to cut your pasta and how to make flavored pastas.
- PASTA SHAPES
- The best PASTA SHAPES collection on the web with original pictures, descriptions and pasta recipes for 400 different shapes.
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTA
- So many different types of pasta so little time. What exactly is the difference? From Alternative grains to Wheat Pasta, this is the go to site.
- TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- A Traditional Pasta Sauce starts with a great Tomato Sauce recipe. I'll show you how to make a sauce that will knock your socks off!
- CANNED TOMATOES
- Using the BEST Canned tomatoes makes all the difference in your tomato sauce recipes. This is my comparison with pictures and ratings.
- ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE
- ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE COLLECTION! From the jumbo Siciliano style with rich thick tomato sauce to the Calabrese meatball with raisins and pinenuts.
- MEAT SAUCE RECIPE COLLECTION
- An Italian meat sauce recipe isn't just spaghetti and meatballs anymore. Foodies all over are jumping in to eat old world recipes with an exotic meats.
- ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
- The classic Alfredo Sauce Recipe straight from Alfredo himself! Yes he really existed. A rich and creamy Italian pasta recipe to die for!
- PESTO RECIPE
- A Pesto recipe selection that stretch the length of Italy. It doesn't stop at Genovese Pesto. Head down the coast to experience a Trapanese Pesto, Sicilian Pesto and all the Pestos in between.
- CHICKEN AND PASTA RECIPES
- Chicken and Pasta recipes gourmet style. This isn't just Chicken Parm with loads of red sauce. It's a creative culinary collection.
- SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
- A Shrimp Pasta Recipe Collection from every region South of Amalfi. Shrimp and Garlic Pasta, Shrimp Alfredo recipe, Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe and Lots, Lots More!
- VEGETABLE PASTA RECIPES
- Vegetable pasta recipes Galore including the all time favorite Pasta Primavera Recipes. It's the pasta named after Summertime!
- PASTA CARBONARA RECIPE
- The most creative Pasta Carbonara Recipe collection beginning with the traditional carbonara to a creamy carbonara and peas.
- ITALIAN PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe Collection on the net! We take you straight to the heart of Italy with a creative and original selection that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
- ITALIAN SOUP RECIPES
- Favorite Italian Soup Recipes from Minestrone to Pasta Fagioli are right here. Have you every had Garlic soup? Make sure everyone in the room eats it with you!
- LASAGNA RECIPES
- My Lasagna recipes are so easy you'll want to try them all. A collection of Vegetable Lasagna, Seafood Lasagna,Spinach Lasagna. Friends and family will be left wanting more.
- GNOCCHI RECIPE
- The Best Gnocchi Recipe collection straight from my Dad's kitchen to yours. Try the Ricotta Gnocchi recipe. Little pillows that melt in your mouth!
- EASY PASTA RECIPES
- Easy Pasta Recipes: Create WOW meals in less then 20 minutes that taste 5 star gourmet. Use fresh simple ingredients, add a little foodie passion and call it dinner!
- DESSERT PASTA
- Dessert pasta, who would have thought that Italian pasta recipes have such a sweet ending. I can't think of a better way to complete a delicious meal!
- ITALIAN COOK BOOKS
- The <b>BEST and LARGEST</b> Italian cook books selection at the best prices. Learn how to cook pasta the unique, authentic and tradition Italian past recipes.
- GOURMET RESTAURANT RECIPES
- Gourmet Restaurant Recipes from Italian Restaurants all over the world! Find famous and great Italian restaurant recipes or share your best kept secret in town.
- HISTORY OF PASTA
- Marco Polo didn't bring Pasta from China. The History of Pasta. Learn the real story here!
- ITALIAN JOKES
- Italian jokes, like anything good in Italy, are shared at the table with the people you live, dine, and laugh with. Share a joke with guests while serving your best Italian pasta recipe.
- ITALIAN WORDS
- Italian words you'll want to know when making great Italian Pasta Recipes.
- CHEF INTERVIEWS
- Chef interviews from all your favorite Italian restaurants. Learn their secrets, how they got their start and how their passion for food began.
- Contact Pasta-recipes-by-Italians.com
- PLEASE SHARE
- Please share the pasta. There's plenty for everyone. If you enjoyed reading about Italian pasta recipes here on this site, pass it along to a friend.