Kira Volpi's Italian Pasta Recipes!
Mouth watering Italian pasta recipes created by Italians. Hello, my name is Kira Volpi and I’ve created this collection of delicious pasta recipes from my years of experience as a self taught chef of Italian food. My passion for Italian food was inspired by my Father, Gian Franco Volpi, who was born and raised in Milano, Italy along with his thirteen brothers and sisters (YES 13 brothers and sisters!). The Volpi’s back in the mother land of Italy still talk about Father’s cooking to this day. I Love you Dad!
Along with my Father’s inspiration behind my cooking came his passion for travel. My travels in Italy while I lived in Rome allowed me to experience first hand the beauty of the country and how it reflects in the food that is given so much time and care in preparing. Each region offering a different layer to the traditional magic and old time traditional culinary creations of Italian pasta recipes.
My Father loved to see people eat, enjoy life, and laugh and food was at the center of all wonderful things,
That's the traditional Italian way. And traditional Italian recipes are based on fresh, quality ingredients from the region from which it’s being prepared. That is exactly what you'll find here. we as a family experienced. When we had guests for dinner it would begin at 3pm and we all laughed, talked and eat our way through the day and well into the evening. Only the best olive oil and Italian cheeses. Only the ripest and sweetest San Marzano tomatoes are used to bring bursts of flavor to your tomato sauce recipes. That is rule number one! My canned tomato comparison can help you choose a brand that will make your tomato sauce recipe go from good to fabuloso!
Making a homemade pasta recipe is a birth right. I'll show you how to make a basic pasta dough with step by step instructions and pictures. A fresh basil or a spinach pasta can add great color and amazing flavor to any one of your pasta recipes. Once you've tried it you'll see how easy it is and what a difference fresh food makes. As any Italian will say, Pasta is fundamental!
Even if you use dried pasta I'll show you which different types of pasta or brands
are the best as well as how easy cooking pasta
perfectly is. You'll have al dente (to the tooth) pasta every time!
Also hidden in this treasure box of Italian pasta recipes is the original Alfredo sauce recipe made from Alfredo himself.Did you know there really was a man named Alfredo? He lived in Rome and this pasta dish was inspired by his love for his wife. Read all about him in the history of pasta along with other interesting facts about pasta!
For instance what is the real story behind pasta puttanesca? There's many an old Italian wives tale about how this salty, bold mixture of flavors got it's name.
Holy Macaroni what's a Gnocchi? Did you know that there are over FOUR HUNDRED shapes of pasta? You can see many of them here with names, pictures and even a few pasta recipe ideas for each type of pasta.
From easy Lasagna recipes to heart and belly warming Italian soup recipes I share the best of them all right here. All made with love by Italians.
Great Italian pasta recipes are all a part of the good things in life and I hope my recipes are included in many of your cherished times around the table.
Vivere, Amare, Ridere e Mangiare Bene
Live, Love, Laugh and Eat Well!
Craving more pasta?
Join my monthly newsletter where you'll get all the latest pasta news, events, recipes and products. It's an all pasta foodie community.
- HOW TO MAKE PASTA
- How to make pasta step by step guide with pictures, what blend of flours to use, how to cut your pasta and how to make flavored pastas. I’m Kira Volpi and this is my all inclusive guide.
- PASTA SHAPES
- The most extensive collection of <b>pasta shapes images and descriptions</b> on the web today! I’m Kira Volpi and this is my collection of pasta shape images.
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTA
- So many different types of pasta so little time. What exactly is the difference? From alternative grain pastas to wheat pasta. I’m Kira Volpi and this is my comparison.
- CANNED TOMATOES
- Using the BEST Canned tomatoes makes all the difference in your tomato sauce recipes. This is my comparison with pictures and ratings.
- TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- A Traditional Pasta Sauce starts with a great Tomato Sauce recipe. I'll show you how to make a sauce that will knock your socks off!
- ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
- The classic Alfredo Sauce Recipe straight from Alfredo himself! Yes he really existed. A rich and creamy Italian pasta recipe to die for!
- PESTO RECIPE
- A Pesto recipe selection that stretch the length of Italy from Cinque Terre to Sicily. My name is Kira Volpi and my pesto collection has it all and all made from scratch.
- CHICKEN AND PASTA RECIPES
- Kira Volpi’s Chicken and Pasta recipes gourmet style. A great and tasty way to feed a crowd and not break the budget. Show off your Italian style.
- ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE
- ITALIAN MEATBALL RECIPE COLLECTION! From the jumbo Siciliano style with rich thick tomato sauce to the Calabrese meatball with raisins and pine nuts. Hi, I’m Kira Volpi and this my meatballs.
- MEAT SAUCE RECIPE
- Kira Volpi’s Italian meat sauce recipe collection. A great collection of meat sauces from a traditional bolognese sauce to a belly warming ragu pasta sauce.
- SAUSAGE PASTA RECIPE
- An authentic sausage pasta recipe collection from the streets of Italy and pork is what makes it all happen. So vegetarians, run for the hills because this is all about the pig!
- SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
- A Shrimp Pasta Recipe Collection from every region South of Amalfi. Shrimp and Garlic Pasta, Shrimp Alfredo recipe, Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe and Lots, Lots More!
- VEGETABLE PASTA RECIPES
- Vegetable pasta recipes Galore including the all time favorite Pasta Primavera Recipes. It's the pasta named after Summertime!
- ITALIAN PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe Collection on the net! We take you straight to the heart of Italy with a creative and original selection that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
- ITALIAN SOUP RECIPES
- Favorite Italian soup recipes from minestrone to pasta fagioli. Stracciatella is a Roman delight. I’m Kira Volpi and this is my collection of Italian soups.
- DESSERT PASTA
- Dessert pasta, who would have thought that Italian pasta recipes have such a sweet ending. I can't think of a better way to complete a delicious meal!
- HISTORY OF PASTA
- The true history of pasta tells us that Marco Polo didn't bring Pasta to Italy. But who did? I’m Kira Volpi and your can read the real story of pasta here!
- EASY PASTA RECIPES
- Your Easy Pasta Recipes! Where you and others share pasta that are easy to make and taste 5 star. I’m Kira Volpi the chef and author of this site and these are your recipes!
- ITALIAN COOK BOOKS
- Italian cook books from the classics to the celebrity chefs all at up to 90% off the cover price! From Lidia to Batalli and all the greats in between.
- CHEF INTERVIEWS
- Chef interviews from all your favorite Italian restaurants. Learn their secrets, how they got their start and how their passion for food began.
- ITALIAN WORDS
- Italian words you'll want to know when making great Italian Pasta Recipes.
- Pasta Girl Recipes Blog
- The Pasta Girl Recipes Blog keeps you cooking with new recipe ideas and places to go for great pasta. Stay connected HERE!
- PLEASE SHARE
- Please share the pasta. There's plenty for everyone. If you enjoyed reading about Italian pasta recipes here on this site, pass it along to a friend.
- Contact Pasta-recipes-by-Italians.com